Thursday, September 27, 2007

U.S. Women's World Cup

Early this morning the U.S. women's soccer team played Brazil. The number 1 U.S. fell in this semi-final match. But what really needs to be said is something missing in what the news is covering on this (if the news even covers this).

Let's go back to when the men's teams played eachother. One of my first posts was about that game, that I was lucky to see. In the first half the U.S. men's team had an own goal. Nothing special at the time, but now I am rethinking my original hypothesis that, it was not the U.S.'s fault(Onyewu especially) but a sun glare off the large cheshire grin of Brazilian star Ronaldinho.

In the Women's game today there was another own goal by Leslie Osborne. Two own goals from the U.S. against Brazil in less than a month. This seems strange, and I think there must be something going on here larger than Ronaldinho's dientes. There must be some kind of talisman that the Brazilian National Team keeps hidden to throw off the U.S. I say we check Marta' shoes or maybe Kaka was hidding it. Either way there is foul play and I demand an investigation.

No comments: