Sunday, March 2, 2008

New Monasticism

This article from the Boston Globe caught my eye. I would love to look at this more in depth. The basic ideas are something that I, and I know some of my friends, have been thinking about for a while. I do not think that the mega-church is the devil, but to me this is a more real faith. I just went to a church today that I liked, but it was not where I feel I should be. To find a community like this is something I wish I had in my life. Well anyway, take time to read this article, it is not that long.

1 comment:

little_ragamuffin said...

Do you remember that time I told you that you should read The Irresistable Revolution and you told me that was for emotional headcases? Well, Shane Claiborne is like the premiere "New Monasticist." I went to a New Monasticism conference in Indy two summers ago... just to check it out... and he spoke like every day. Who was right...