Monday, February 4, 2008

Mistaken Identity.



Today I get onto the elevator in DeGarmo and start going down to the basement. At the first floor a 40 year old woman who wants to go up, but doesn't see that I am going down gets on. After I inform her of our direction, she inhales and says what I haven't heard for a while, and was beginning to be thankful of. "You look like Josh Groban." I thanked her and said "I get that a lot." And I do. Too much. Yes I have curly hair and a large nose and squinty eyes. Why is this always Josh Groban? The only good thing was that she did not ask the question that I hate more than being told I look like Josh Groban. "Can you sing like him?" Yes, yes I can sing like him and I look like him but I choose to waste my life at ISU rather than singing to adoring fans. Yes I like ISU more than 40 women speechless at how I sing "Silent Night" Christ on crutches! No, I can not sing like him. Why do I have to look like a guy that attracts 40 year olds, and not my peers? Why can't I look similar to Brad Pitt or who ever the hell that guy from the OC is. Why can't 20 year old women find me attractive? Why me?

4 comments:

Jeph Porter said...

I'm 24, not a woman granted, but I find you attractive. I also like your music...wait is this post telling us that you ARE Josh Groban or you just look like him. I hope its not the latter, because I've been telling my friends Josh Groban hits on me all the time.

little_ragamuffin said...

josh groban is hot... only because he can sing. dang, i guess that means you're screwed. =)

The Last Unicorn said...

I just realized (since you posted this picture) that this isn't Nathan Eaton ... weird. I met you once.

Leann said...

who needs to sing like groban when you can sing like r. kelly?