Saturday, September 25, 2010

Travel to London

So my posts might be a little delayed while I am settling in / don't have a computer. Just for anyone who has not heard I arrived safely in London on Tues. the 21st. The entire trip took somewhere around 18 hours. I flew from Chicago to New York first. That was painless, and Geetha met me at the airport so my 5 hour layover was a lot of fun. The next leg was not so good. I could not sleep or get comfortable on the 5 hour flight to Iceland. We landed at about 6AM local time. The airport in Reykjavik was beautiful, but not handicap accessible. I was able to watch the sunrise. Iceland looked amazing, and I will have to go back there soon. Then came the 3 hour flight to London. I slept for most of it. At Heathrow I had a difficult time with my luggage and huge bike box. I somehow made my way to the express train that took me to central London in 15 min. I then got in a cab and in about 20 min was in front of my dorm. Hawkridge House (where I live) is pretty hidden. It is on a tiny street that comes to a dead end. I live on the 6th floor with 5 others. All of my room mates seem to be pretty cool.

So that is my account of the first few days. There will be more entries to come (hopefully with pictures, once I get a phone) about my neighborhood and my campus. Look for entries about British culture, not just queuing, but also signs are receipts. I am sure all of you can barely wait.

No comments: