Sunday, November 14, 2010

Autumn and Guy Fawkes Day

Most of the leaves have fallen here. Autumn took longer to start here than in Central IL, and it lasted for about 2 or 3 weeks. I am now over half way done with my first term at UCL. I just finished my first essay and I have 4 weeks of lectures left before the winter break. I really missed my Autumn rituals of corn mazes and haunted houses, but I was able to celebrate my first Guy Fawkes Day. That was a lot of fun and about 8-12 or my fellow Human Rights colleges meet in a park to watch the bonfire and fireworks. Now that Halloween is over everything is starting to turn to Christmas here. I am not sure what I will do for Thanksgiving, but a few of my fellow ex-pats might try to cook something traditional up. Well, after a week of working on my essay I am exhausted, and ready to go back to just attending lectures. Enjoy these pictures of a park by my campus and the bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day. Laters.

No comments: