Saturday, December 18, 2010

The End of the First Term

So my first term in grad. school is over.  The lectures at least.  These past two weeks have been crazy.  I have been going to work, classes, and tons of parties.  There were parties for the end of term, and Christmas parties.  All around, a very busy time.  I now have about a month off from school, but unlike in the states, I still have work to do.  There were no finals, but I have two essays to write over break.  I hope I can get motivated.

London is covered in snow today, which is bad news for most of my friends who are trying to travel home today.  A lot of flights got cancelled, and when we ordered a pizza it took 2 and a half hours.  I don't think there is a single plough in London, so the whole city kind of shuts down.  This is strange because it normally snows once or twice every year.  You would think they would figure it out.

For the next few days I get to work and then come home and work on essays.  I leave for Dublin on Wed.  I will be there for Christmas and about two days after.  I will use that time as my break, and come back to London ready to work on my essays.

That is all for now.  I am sure I will post some pictures of Dublin when I get back.  Merry Christmas.

No comments: