Sunday, December 12, 2010

Trip up North.

Last weekend my friends Sam and Mike and I went up to Edinburgh, Scotland.  Sam used to go to school there and she had some friends that let us stay in their flat.  We took an overnight bus up on a Thurs. night. The bus ride was very long but we survived.  Edinburgh is beautiful.  It had snowed that week and the entire city was covered in about 6 in. of snow.  I mean the entire city because they don't shovel anything.  It feels really small, but there are a lot of places to check out.  It is a very old city and it has a wonderful character.  We walked all through the city and found some really nice art museums.  I guess I would describe Edinburgh and "cozy".  One of the highlights of our weekend was a church we stumbled into.  As we checked it out choir practice was being held.  We got to look around with some wonderful music filling the chapel.  The trip ended with another overnight bus trip.  This one was awful.  There was no heat in the bus and no one slept.  It was one of the worst experiences of my life.  All I can say is that I am glad it is over.  I won't let the chilling bus ride ruin that weekend though.  It was filled with wonderful sights, Sam's even more wonderful friends, and a small break from the goliath that is London.