Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving abroad.

So about two weeks ago was Thanksgiving.  This was my first major holiday outside of the states.  (I did spend New Years in Tokyo, but I think Thanksgiving is more important).  Some of my ex-pat friends and I decided to cook a dinner ourselves.  Since we did not have time to cook a turkey we just bought some chicken and cooked some of the rest ourselves.  It actually turned out pretty well.  We had rolls, cornbread, asparagus, green beans, mashed potatoes and of course pumpkin pie.  We invited some non ex-pats as well for their first Thanksgiving.  All and all it was really great.

Something I am very thankful for, besides my family, is my new job.  Along with the Thanksgiving pic (minus Mike, he was taking it) there is a shot of my new shop.  Dose Espresso.  I have been working there about two weeks and I love it.  I am sure there will be more about that in the future.


No comments: